Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Bah Humbug!

Okay - I admit it: I'm a horrible blogger. Or a non-blogging blogger. When I decided to get my own (free) blog - I thought it was a great idea at the time. Why just be a lurker, when I could engage in witty repartee on my own journal? Hmmm... then reality sets in. I don't have time to write in a blog every day. When I do, I can't think of a damned thing to write about. I'd rather just leave comments on other's blogs, thus fulfilling my desire to engage in witty repartee, or dispensing sage advise. Also - I admit - I am loathe to lay bare my soul to prying eyes of strangers. And even more loathe to bare my sould to nosy, judgmental friends. That, and add in the frustration from hours spent trying to figure out how to do simple tasks, such as upload photos onto my blog, and you have a severely unhappy, pissed off even, blogger. And that's just not fun.

I guess my original intent was to have an 'artist's journal' wherein I could share ideas/thoughts/questions about my artwork with interested readers. But I realize that I don't ask people for input about my artwork - I don't like sharing unfinished artwork with anyone, even my partner. But since my 'studio' is in a corner of our 2-car garage, it's not like I can hide works in progress, unless I cover them with a gunny sack or something. I'm not that secretive. I just don't have some burning desire to ask for feedback until the piece is done, or pretty near done. I do like talking with people about my pieces at art show openings. But that's another topic.

So - should I turn this blog into some other type of animal? Should I share juicy stories about my love life? Wax poetic over the beauty of sunsets? Spill my deep dark secrets out accross the Internet? What are you, dear Blog Reader, looking for in a blog?

And if I do spice things up - just remember: it gets a little lonely out here in cyberspace. Especially when all you can hear are the crickets chirping, and the sound of your own breathing.

Fadingly,
Me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker