Saturday, January 21, 2006

Birthday cards and Valentine's Day

Yesterday, I made birthday cards for my mom and son Alex. They are collages of tissue, an old Chinese newspaper, and Origami papers, with some of my lino-cuts that were test prints or extras.

This is the card I made for my mother, who turned 85 last Monday!


This card is for Alex, who turned 23 today!




I also glued down the series of nine hearts that I made as part of the art work to go in our bedroom...eventually. The hearts were painted in guache on watercolor paper, then cut and/or woven. Each heart square is 3 inches square. Mounted together, the result is one big ten inch square. I truncated the picture, since the whole thing wouldn't fit on my scanner.

I'm also working on some mixed-media pieces out in the shop, but they aren't far enough along to photgraph. Three are mixed-media hearts, and the other is a wooden box I'm altering for Alex to keep his dice in. He's big on gambling games, like dice and poker.

5 Comments:

Blogger Elderberry Studio said...

Thanks Elise! I love making cards for people. I used to work in a sort of pop/graffiti style, using felt markers and ink. I still use that style, but collage was just more appealing to me at the time!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love all these images - so colourful!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Beautiful cards, especially the Chinese ones! I love handmade cards!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Elderberry Studio said...

Crafty: thank you! and thank you for reading my blog. I've visited yours - and added you to my reading list. I see we have some things in common: I've worked in the environmental area of law for 16 years. I now work at a public agency that enforces clean air regulations in the Puget Sound area.

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Roger S said...

Hi ggreat reading your post

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker