Thursday, June 22, 2006

It's Official!!

Artworks Gallery in Bozeman has their photos of my masks up on their website! The show opened on Monday, the 19th. It's been almost a month since I mailed all the masks off, but somehow, it just feels more 'real' now that I see the photos of my work on the gallery's web page. I leave next Weds., the 28th, in the morning, arriving at 1:00 p.m. Thank goodness it's a quick hop of a flight - since the travel is on a Dash-8 or similar, via Horizon. I'm used to taking those small prop planes from Anchorage to Kodiak in rough weather, but they are a bit of a squeeze!

I think it's finally summer here in Washington! It's still cool for this time of year - only getting up in the mid-to-high 60's, but it's supposed to warm up to the low 70's this weekend. Not that I mind the temps - it's just been so cloudy, I still look pretty white. Guess my pale skin will shock anyone expecting to see an Eskimo when I do the gallery opening!

Many thanks to you all, my cyber-friends, who have been so supportive! I've been occupied with lots of yard-work and home stuff the past month - kinda my decompression after all the mask-making. But I don't want to just let my blog slide.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful job the gallery did on your page of works. Are these your photographs? They look very professional. Have a great trip!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jackie,
my heartiest congratulations!!! what a wonderful feeling to see your art works on a gallery's web page. I bet you had those huge grins all week:))

2:51 AM  
Blogger Elderberry Studio said...

Thanks everyone! I'm back! It was a great vacation combined with work. I'll write some entries soon, and post my photos up on Flicker. We've been having problems with our internet service, and I can't always get online, or it's really slow. And we have broadband cable access! We think it's the cable company's fault, but whe we spoke with them yesterday, they were blaming 'the heat' - it's only in the low 70's here! I think maybe they meant sun spots. Duh.
Anyway - thanks for your kind comments! I'm unpacking and unwinding today, have to go to work tomorrow and Thurs, and am off again on Friday.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker