Sunday, July 08, 2007

My favorite sculpture

Fellow blogger Marja-leena posited this question on her blog last week. I generally don't have 'favorites' of things, but there is a sculpture in Seattle that I'm very fond of, and feel like it's now living in the shadow of the new Seattle Public Library. Of course, for a while, it was in storage while the library was being built, so I was glad to see it reappear. I have seen other George Tsutakawa fountains, in fact, there is another only a few blocks up hill and south of the library, and there is at least one on the campus at Western Washington University. My 'favorite' of the moment is "Fountain of Wisdom" by George Tsutakawa (of course, it looks much cooler when the fountain is on):



What's your favorite sculpture?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely choice, Jackie! Glad my question inspired and thanks for linking. This reminds me of another fountain sculpture, one by part Haida Bill Reid in front of the Vancouver Aquarium, a killer while I think it was.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker