Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

How can you tell it's Easter in Kodiak? By the fresh snow!



We had snow showers all day yesterday, but the snow was melting quickly. The temperature dropped a few degrees last evening, and it snowed lightly all night. This is what I awoke to - 3-4 inches of new snow!


It almost never fails to snow on Easter here. It is beautiful, today especially with the sun shining so brightly. Our daylight hours already exceed 12 hours, increasing several minutes each day. I imagine the children hurrying to find eggs in the snow, their hiding spots betrayed - the snow around them dyed pastel red, blue and green!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easter IS early this year so I'm not surprised at snow up so far north! It's beautiful. Hope you Easter is a good one, Jackie!

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh...Jackie, that is a plenty of snow, and here I am wondering when is the warm weather?

5:09 PM  
Blogger Elderberry Studio said...

Marja-leena: thank you - I enjoyed a quiet Easter dinner with my mother and nephew. The store was out of lamb, so I had to buy a corned beef (leftover from St. Patty's Day).
Ana: the snow on the lowlands is finally gone. It has 'warmed' up today to the low 40's (feels warm to me!). Our mountains are still totally white - makes me wonder when and if that snow will ever melt! - Jackie

2:01 PM  
Blogger Elderberrystudio said...

Hey gang - haven't been able to post to my blog, thanks to Google! Since they made it a requirement to set up a Google account to log into Blogger, something messed up with my account. So for some reason, I can post comments, but my Blog has disappeared from my Google Dashboard. I have tried every permutation of solutions they offer, but nothing works. I may just start a whole new Blog. Sorry!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker