Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Secrets

It's been a while since I promised to post these pics - and since I've posted. Last weekend was so gorgeous here in Rain City, that we just couldn't resist getting out and about. My partner and I went into Seattle on Saturday, and bought some tools at TSI, a local jewellry-making supply store that's been an institution for close to 30 years. It is going out of business at the end of the month :{ Since we were in the neighborhood, we parked and walked around the Fremont area, a fun artsy/alternative place. It is sandwiched along the boat canal between Seattle U. and the U. of Washington. There are fun shops, and we had a great time, and ate lunch at Costa's Opa, a Greek restaurant.

Here is "Secrets" the finished doll I made for my friend Charly. She opens to reveal her Secret interior (which isn't too visible in this pic) - a collage from an Erte print, of a mermaid riding a seahorse.


Sunday was gorgeous again - and we took a trip to the quaint little town of Sumner, with a row of antique shops along its one-block long main street. Then, as promised, my sweetie drove us to Tacoma so I could take some photos along the waterfront and of the industrial area. There is a beautiful old fireboat along the waterfront, up out of the water and on display next to the old firestation. I got some good close-up shots of the red & black hull, lined with rivets. Also some shots of the portholes, door, and rust-stained cleats on the deck, and close-ups of the 3 big screws.

Now the week has turned cold (for Seattle) - temps plunging to the 20's at night, and the weatherman is threatening it will get into the teens this weekend. It's been sunny, but crisp in the day. Just when all the flowering plums and crabapples thought it was safe to bloom!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jackie,
You're so talented. That is one magnificent piece.

7:24 PM  
Blogger zarah said...

Aw! Loved your 'secret' doll:)! About your question on my blog... yes, I do sell what i make:) I have a mini online shop www.mwlshop.blogspot.com

4:44 AM  
Blogger Elderberry Studio said...

zarah: Thank you! Oh neato - I will check our your online shop. Thanks for visiting :}

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker